Riding a motorcycle when the weather is warm is an incredibly enjoyable experience, but it’s often less fun to ride a motorcycle when winter rolls around and the weather gets cold, wet and stormy. If you’re planning on storing your motorcycle during the winter months, it’s important to follow some key steps to prepare your motorcycle for storage.
Tips for winter motorcycle storage in Las Vegas
Proper motorcycle storage during winter is essential when it comes to protecting your bike from damage and minimizing the likelihood of mechanical issues down the road. If you’re unsure about how to properly handle winter motorcycle storage, put a few of these tips into practice:
- Wash your bike: When preparing a motorcycle for storage, start by thoroughly washing the bike. Scrub away dirt, debris and grime that’s built up on your bike using a cleaning solution, a bucket of warm water and a scrub brush or sponge. Cleaning your bike will prevent corrosion caused by built-up grime and protect your motorcycle’s mechanical components from damage.
- Lubricate mechanical parts: After thoroughly washing and drying your motorcycle, lubricate any mechanical parts and metal-on-metal connections. Lubrication is key when it comes to extending the longevity of a motorcycle and keeping it in the best condition possible during the winter months. It’s important to choose a lubricant that is designed for use on motorcycles to ensure it’s as effective as possible.
- Use fuel stabilizer: Fuel naturally degrades over time, and treating fuel with stabilizer can prevent this process when motorcycles are in storage during the winter months. Follow the directions on the fuel stabilizer package for the best results.
- Change the oil: Getting an oil change is very important when it comes to keeping your motorcycle running effectively and efficiently for as long as possible. Routine oil changes are very important for successful winter motorcycle maintenance in Las Vegas. Change your oil to keep the engine healthy and prevent mechanical difficulties.
- Store your motorcycle: Once you’ve prepared your motorcycle for storage with some basic maintenance steps, find a dry place to store it away from harsh weather conditions. The most important thing when finding a place to store your motorcycle is to make sure it’s protected from rain and snow, but it’s also a good idea to store a motorcycle in an insulated space, like a garage, if possible.
Motorcycle rentals and self-guided tours
At Escape Eagles, we know how much fun a motorcycle trip can be, and we’re here to make sure that our customers have the best motorcycle rental experience possible when they visit Las Vegas. We offer an extensive selection of motorcycles for rent, as well as a number of fun and exciting motorcycle tour options. No matter what kind of trip you’re planning, we’re here to help you have the best experience possible with motorcycle rentals and tours. Find out more about what we have to offer and book your rental by giving us a call today. We look forward to seeing you soon!