Choosing the right bike for you will make your road trip a lot more enjoyable, and Escape Eagles can help. Whether you’re renting a bike to get around town, are planning to go on a multi-state motorcycle tour or want to test drive a bike on a longer-term basis than you could do at the dealership, it all comes down to your personal preference. Before your first Harley Davidson motorcycle purchase in Las Vegas, NV, read through these descriptions and tips.
The different types of Harleys
Harley Davidson is an American motorcycle brand that has a devoted following, thanks to their powerful performance and classic appearance. The brand separates its bikes into four main “families”:
- Touring bikes: Touring bikes are designed with comfort in mind—they’re more ergonomic so your spine sits at a more comfortable angle, the windshields are higher and they have more luggage room. If you’re planning on frequent long-distance rides, a touring bike can keep you comfortable.
- Street bikes: Street bikes, as the name might suggest, are designed for city conditions. If your bike will mostly be used to ferry you around town, this family is optimal. They are great for quick acceleration and braking, are typically easier to handle and often have more slender frames.
- Softail bikes: The Softail family is what we think of as the “classic” Harley, with low-slung handles and a powerful engine.
- Sportster: Finally, the sportster family is about performance and handling (at the cost of fuel efficiency). Choose this family when you want an aggressively powerful machine.
How to choose a Harley for yourself
- Do your research: Now that you know about the four different Harley Davidson types in Las Vegas, NV, you can choose the one or two that will be best for your purposes. You can search for cost, reviews and the pros and cons of each type compared to the others—this will give you a better idea of what you’re looking for.
- Go see them in person: Once you have a general idea of what you want, you need to go see them in person and sit on them. Some bikes will be more comfortable than others, depending on your height, body type and other considerations.
- See how it feels: You need to be comfortable when your feet are flat on the ground and on the pegs, while your hands are on the handlebars. If it’s not, try another model—a bike definitely won’t get more comfortable over time.
- Take it for a ride: It’s important that you see how the bike handles, and if you feel comfortable driving it, before you make your final decision.
- Ask about customizations: You might be in love with a bike that’s not totally comfortable—don’t forget to ask if those issues can be adjusted. For example, height and handlebar position can often be changed.
Choosing a Harley motorcycle in Las Vegas, NV is an exciting experience. If you’re not ready to make an official commitment, call Escape Eagles to rent a Harley today.