Riding a motorcycle is a fantastic way to see all that America has to offer. You won’t be able to help but gaze at the beautiful landscapes from coast to coast, up and down highways, on your left and on your right as the breeze blows past your face. You’ve likely booked a motorcycle tour with a company like Escape Eagles because you want to see breathtaking views while cruising the open road. But whether you’re going on a one-day trip or a week long journey on a motorcycle, you must plan and be prepared with food and supplies.
Are you getting ready to head out on a group or solo motorcycle trip in Las Vegas? Make sure you pack the essentials to ensure a fun and memorable motorcycle tour!
There are a few key factors that’ll determine what you should bring, and how much you can bring:
- Length of the trip: You won’t need to pack as much stuff for a shorter day trip, but you do need to be adequately prepared for trips lasting longer than a few days.
- Space in your packs: Riding a motorcycle means having less available storage space. If you aren’t going to wear a backpack or have a support vehicle (like a van) to carry things for the group, rent a bike with saddle packs. You should at least have room to carry a first aid kit, water, snacks and light overnight gear.
- Riding solo or as a pair: If your bike has a passenger, you’ll have to forfeit storage space to accommodate some of their supplies.
Whether you’re going on a day ride or a longer trip, here are the things you should always bring along:
- Staples: You’ll have the clothes you’re wearing now, but also pack extra underwear, socks, a jacket, long- and short-sleeve shirts, extra pair of pants and toiletries. Start your journey wearing a good pair of boots so you don’t have to pack them. If you can, Google your route and see if there’s a laundromat along the way. This is especially helpful on long road trips, and when bringing more than a few days of clothing and supplies is not possible.
- Destination gear: Depending on your destination, consider bringing flip-flops, a brimmed hat, hoodie, bathing suit, shorts, long thermal underwear and maybe even something nice for a possible night out.
- Suggested items: Pack plastic grocery bags for storing dirty clothes, and Ziploc baggies to hold toiletries, sunscreen and insect repellent. If you plan to bring a laptop, camera or other electronic device, be sure to put them unsealed inside plastic bags, then place them in a more secure travel pack. Attach your Go-Pro to your helmet right away to save storage space.
A motorcycle trip in Las Vegas will be as memorable and breathtaking as you want it to be. Pack the essentials and you’ll already be off to a great start! Call Escape Eagles if you want to rent a bike or sign up for a motorcycle tour.