A getaway to Las Vegas is always a great time, but if you have visited many times before, you might be craving a new experience. One of the most popular things to do for a change of pace while in the area is take a day trip, and with a motorcycle rental in Las Vegas, you will have the opportunity to take in the nearby sights in a truly unique way. Here are five of the best spots that are a short trip away by motorcycle:
- Clark County Heritage Museum: If you are interested in learning about how Las Vegas became what it is today, a trip to the Clark County Heritage Museum may be just right for you. A short half hour trip away from downtown Las Vegas, this museum curates the story of the area from prehistoric times all the way up until now. Inside the museum you can find restored churches and houses, as well as other structures that embody Las Vegas’ treasured character.
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area: With hiking trails, horseback riding and breathtaking scenery, the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area has something for everyone. The Red Rock Canyon is only a short 17-mile ride south of downtown Las Vegas, and gets more than 2 million visitors each year because the conservation area has so much to offer.
- Bonnie Springs Ranch: If you want to spend time in an area that was once home to actual frontiersmen and women, the half-hour ride to the Bonnie Springs Ranch will be well worth it. During the 1840s, the ranch served as a stopover point for those making their way to California, and has been viewed as a sanctuary of relaxation in the desert ever since. If you need a break from the fast-paced Las Vegas days and nights, visit the ranch to wind down and take in all of the scenery in a soothing atmosphere.
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area: If you are looking for one of the best spots to go for recreation of all kinds, both on land and in the water, make sure you stop at Lake Mead National Recreation Area, which is within an hour’s ride of Las Vegas. With everything from kayaking and sports fishing to camping and plant and animal observation, Lake Mead is one of the most beautiful places to visit for a fun day trip.
- The Grand Canyon: The unparalleled beauty of the Grand Canyon needs no introduction, and at about four hours away, it is well within range to make the perfect destination for a day trip. There are always a ton of recreational activities going on at the park year-round, and many tourists have visited this vast expanse to backpack, camp and tour the scenic driving routes on their motorcycles.
Las Vegas and the surrounding areas offer no shortage of beautiful sites to visit, and one of the most enjoyable ways to take in all of the scenic attractions is on a motorcycle. To find out how you can get your motorcycle rental in Las Vegas to take one of these awe-inspiring day trips, give us a call at Escape Eagles right away.