When you’re cruising around after taking advantage of motorcycle rental Las Vegas, it can be easy for all care and responsibilities to slip away from your mind. That’s typically a good thing—after all, going on vacation is all about having a chance to get away from your worries and duties. However, there is one factor you should still be worried about, especially while on a motorcycle rental in Las Vegas: the extreme heat.
Especially in the summer, Vegas is known to have temperatures climb above 110 degrees without locals even batting an eye. The good thing is that it is a dry heat, as opposed to humid, which makes it a bit more bearable. However, being out and about in such hot temperatures is still dangerous, and it’s imperative that those who do go out on a motorcycle rental in Las Vegas on a hot day take precautionary steps. Here are some pointers for surviving the Vegas heat while out on a motorcycle ride.
- Stay hydrated: This one is a no brainer, but when people are on vacation, it’s easy to forget the little things like staying hydrated. Especially when you are out in the hot sun, make it a point to always have a large bottle of water with you, and remember to chug from it every chance you get. In the dry heat, you might not notice yourself sweating as much, but trust us—you’re still getting dehydrated pretty quickly.
- Cover your head: On a motorcycle rental in Las Vegas, you are going to be wearing a helmet anyway, so you don’t have to worry about this when you’re actually riding. But you should bring some sort of hat to wear if you plan on hiking, walking or doing anything else outside in between your motorcycle rides. Covering your head will help protect you from sunburn, as well as provide you with a little extra shade.
- Wear sun block: When you are cruising around town all day, you might not notice yourself getting burnt, but once you head back to your hotel there’s a good chance your skin will be considerably pinker than it was before. If you’re prone to sunburn, protect your skin’s health by applying sun block throughout the day.
- Pay attention to climbing temperatures: Here in Vegas, the heat grows stronger throughout the day, and the hottest time of day is usually around 4 p.m. Keep this in mind when planning your day on your motorcycle rental. It might be smart to head out, grab an early dinner around 4, and then head back once it’s cooled down a bit.
- Plan inside stops: One of the flip sides to enduring the Vegas heat is that you’re rewarded each time you walk into a building and feel the refreshing, powerful air conditioning. Whether you’re into casinos, restaurants, malls or museums, make sure that you plan at least a couple indoor stops if you plan to be out and about on your motorcycle rental all day.
To arrange for motorcycle rental in Las Vegas in time for your visit, contact Escape Eagles today!