If you’re like a lot of motorcycle enthusiasts, you take great pride and joy in handling basic maintenance and repairs by yourself. On top of the satisfaction you get from making tune-ups, you like the thought of saving money at the mechanic.
The first step in performing your own bike work is getting the right motorcycle accessories in Las Vegas, NV. Keep reading to learn about what you need to make any repairs or perform routine maintenance:
- Motorcycle stand: The first tool you’ll need to do any self-maintenance is a reliable bike stand. A stand allows you to easily lift and lower your bike, as well as provides a steady surface for tire swaps, chain work and other maintenance.
- Tire pressure gauge: Proper tire inflation is essential for both your safety and your tires’ longevity. We advise using a tire pressure gauge to check the inflation before each ride. Use an air pump to inflate your tires if they’re a little low.
- Screwdrivers: If you already have a tool set, you most likely have a variety of screwdrivers in your arsenal. If not, it’s time to get some! Screwdrivers are useful in pretty much any tune-up, which makes them some of the most important motorcycle tools in Las Vegas, NV. Get a set of Phillips and flat-head screwdrivers to ensure you’re ready for anything.
- Wrench set: Wrenches are other tools that you might already have in the garage. Like screwdrivers, they’re useful in pretty much any tune-up or repair you’re performing. Get a variety of sizes to tackle any job on your to-do list.
- Hex keys: Also known as Allen wrenches, hex keys are good tools to have for all sorts of different bikes, especially Japanese models. A simple set of inexpensive hex keys is typically all you need to get most jobs done.
- Ratchet and socket set: A ratchet and a set of different sockets are must-haves for both professional mechanics and DIYers. We advise in investing in a high-quality set, as it can last you a lifetime if it’s cared for properly.
- Hammer: A hammer probably isn’t one of the first tools that comes to mind when you think of motorcycle accessories in Las Vegas, NV. However, it’s a good tool to have for all sorts of different projects. The right hammer can be used to loosen stubborn fasteners or other parts. Just don’t swing too hard and damage the bike!
- Torque wrench: When you think of a torque wrench, you might think it’s something only a pro needs. Think again! Torque wrenches ensure everything on the bike is as tight as possible, which is crucial for a safe and enjoyable ride.
- Pliers: Getting a grip on small bike parts isn’t always easy. That’s where a trusty set of pliers can really come in handy! A set of slip-joint pliers and a set of needle-nose pliers are all you really need.
If your bike is out of commission and you don’t have the right motorcycle tools in Las Vegas, NV, rent a bike from Escape Eagles. We have a full fleet of top-of-the-line bikes that ensure a fun and safe time out on the road.