Besides allowing you to get some fresh air and sunshine, regular motorcycle rides have proven to have a variety of health benefits. Spending a few hours on the bike each week benefits riders physically, mentally and emotionally. Keep reading to learn more about some of the best motorcycle riding health benefits in Las Vegas:
- Increase brain activity: Studies show that not using our brains enough or sitting around doing mindless activities eventually leads to cognitive decline. Well, that certainly won’t be the case when you’re on your motorcycle! Riding activates the prefrontal cortex in your brain, helping you establish new neuron connections and actually grow your brain. By replacing driving your car with riding a motorcycle, you’re sure to notice a change in your cognitive ability.
- Improve your mood: Riding is a great way to de-stress and let all of your worries melt away. As long as the weather’s beautiful and the road conditions are clear, you’ll come back home feeling a whole lot better mentally. Feeling better mentally is one of the top motorcycle riding health benefits in Las Vegas!
- Enhance core strength: All of the turning and leaning required to ride a motorcycle is bound to give you rock-hard abs after a while. This is especially true when you’re riding at slower speeds or riding on a curvy road. You could do crunches and sit-ups for hours and not achieve the same ab results as you will after a long bike ride!
- Build neck strength: You may not think about it, but riding can actually improve your neck strength and is almost as beneficial as going to the chiropractor. You’ll build stronger neck muscles by wearing a helmet and holding your head in place for long periods of time. Keep in mind, though, that an ill-fitting helmet or poorly adjusted handlebars can actually have the opposite effect, and may cause neck problems down the road. Talk to one of the experts at Escape Eagles to ensure your helmet fits right for you.
- Strengthen legs: One thing’s certain—you’ll never feel like you skipped leg day after a long motorcycle ride! Riding is a great way to strengthen your legs, particularly your thighs and the muscles surrounding your knees. Because riding is a low-impact workout, it’s fantastic for anyone recovering from knee surgery or trauma. You’ll have iron-like legs without spending countless hours in the gym doing squats.
- Weight loss: All of the points above also help you burn a ton of calories—up to 600 an hour. And, as you know, burning calories is directly correlated to weight loss. You may not notice a significant change on the scale, since you’ll be building muscle while burning fat, but you’re sure to look and feel healthier after consistent riding.
Are you ready to start enjoying all of these motorcycle riding health benefits in Las Vegas? Then come on down to Escape Eagles and rent one of our bikes! We have a massive selection of motorcycles, all available at some of the most competitive rates you’ll find. Whether you want to ride for a few hours or a few days, be sure to get your bike from us.