If you’ve decided to explore Las Vegas on the back of a beautiful motorcycle, you might have already done some research into motorcycle rental services. Although every motorcycle rental service has different rental requirements and policies, there are certain legal regulations when it comes to licensing and insurance that are generally consistent no matter where you go to rent. The best way to ensure that you are getting the most out of your rental and the best bang for your buck is to find a rental company that includes as many services and features as possible to meet state requirements:
- Valid motorcycle license: No matter where you go for motorcycle rentals in Las Vegas, you must have a valid motorcycle license. This license must be completely current in order to satisfy the requirements of the law. Additionally, it is important that you have the proper knowledge and experience necessary to safely operate a motorcycle, which means that it might be worth it to brush up on your knowledge of motorcycle road rules if it’s been a while since you’ve been on a bike.
- Appropriate rental age: Just like renting a car, renting a motorcycle requires that renters meet a minimum age requirement. While many rental providers set the requirement at 25, there are exceptions and special arrangements that can be made for riders who are as young as 21. Sometimes, there may also be requirements when it comes to the amount of experience that the rider has had driving a motorcycle and the amount of time that they have had their license.
- Proper safety equipment: While laws vary from state to state, several U.S. states, including Nevada, have helmet laws that apply to motorcycle riders on the road. Nevada’s helmet law, which is in place to keep drivers safe on the road, requires that individuals who are driving a motorcycle must be wearing a helmet approved by the Department of Transportation.
- Insurance requirements: In order to operate a motorcycle in Nevada, you must have the appropriate level of insurance coverage. This requirement is established by the law and will not change based on the rental provider that you choose. When considering motorcycle rentals, you should take into account that you will need to cover the cost of insurance. Some motorcycle rentals in Las Vegas include insurance with the rental package, allowing you to get the best value for your dollar.
- Access to a major credit card: This requirement is relatively standard for most rental companies. A major credit card, like Visa, MasterCard or American Express, secures your purchase and might also be used to verify a rental deposit.
At Escape Eagles, we offer motorcycle rentals in Las Vegas at affordable prices that include a variety of features and perks. We include the level of motorcycle insurance that is required by the state as a part of our rental rates so that you don’t have to worry about the extra expense. Our rentals come with helmets, goggles, gloves and all of the other gear you need to have a safe and comfortable riding experience. For more information about our inclusive, high-quality motorcycle rentals in Las Vegas, give us a call today.