A trip to Las Vegas usually includes gambling, shopping, fabulous dining and an incredible nightlife. While most people experience these activities on foot or in a taxi, you can do all of it plus so much more on a Harley motorcycle tour in Las Vegas. With a motorcycle, you can go where you want when you want.
Here are six essential landmarks in Las Vegas you can’t miss on Harley motorcycle tours in Las Vegas:
- The “Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas” sign: A trip to Vegas isn’t a trip to Vegas without a picture by the sign. The sign is located on the main street of the Vegas strip. It is 25 feet tall and has a unique shape and style. The lights from the sign are sold as a souvenir. To see it lit up at night is a spectacular view, especially on the back of a motorcycle.
- Vegas Vic: Vegas Vic is the neon sign resembling a cowboy that waves and talks. It was built in the early 1950s on top of a casino that is now a souvenir shop. Ride past it at night and watch it wave and talk to its visitors. It’s the unofficial welcome to Vegas, but a similar welcome has been constructed in many places around the world.
- The Hoover Dam: Also known as the Boulder Dam, this landmark is located right on the border of Arizona and Nevada in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River. As if it isn’t enough to ride by and breathe in its beauty on the back of a motorcycle, you can take a tour of the dam led by the Bureau of Reclamation. A million people per year take this “discovery tour.”
- The strip: The Las Vegas strip is a 4.2-mile stretch of the main street in Vegas, with the largest hotels, casinos and resorts in the world. 19 out of 25 of its hotels have the largest numbers of rooms in the world, adding up to 67,000 rooms total. Take a ride through the strip on the back of a motorcycle; you’ll see the dramatic architecture, the evolving skyline and the modernization of Vegas.
- The Freemont Street Experience (FSE): This is a pedestrian mall whose main feature is its canopy, which is 90 feet high and 1,500 feet in length. Ride through it at night and look up to see the world’s largest electric sign. In addition, concerts and a zip line are main attractions here.
- The Bellagio Fountains: Experience a light, water and music show on the back of a motorcycle. Every 30 minutes the fountain nozzles light the Bellagio Hotel and Casino purple and start a choreographed water feature. It can be seen from different parts of the Vegas strip.
A Harley motorcycle tour in Las Vegas gives you the freedom to see all the sights in the real Vegas environment. It’s a different way of seeing Vegas, but you’ll get a view of Vegas you’ll never forget.